Apparently, this profusion of earth-loving "holidays" has failed to raise awareness to a sufficient level, so it is doubtful whether the so-called "Earth Hour" will be any more lasting. Still, we should all do our part, so here are some helpful suggestions on how you can participate. Your planet will thank you!
- Drive your car at night with the headlights off
- Perform brain surgery in the dark
- Go jogging in the middle of a dark country road
- Unplug all clocks that have a light-emitting display
- Go to a bar and turn off the TV during the final minutes of an NCAA basketball game
Who knew that there was such a thing as soy candles? I guess Earth Hour is raising awareness after all.